Before I dive right into my goals for the month of March, I wanted to do a quick little recap of February and count the fruit that the month held. Have you ever heard the phrase about how everyday feels the same but you look back to a year ago and everything is different? That's kinda how I felt about February. So much shifted in my heart, and there is much I want to stop to remember and be grateful for.
A little bit about February:
- Judah turned one year old on the 5th. I no longer have a little tiny baby, but rather a crazy cute little one year old. It's made it much harder to write here when Salem is at preschool because Judah is so awake and active during that time, unlike how it was 6 months ago when he was mostly asleep or happily playing with toys on the floor.
- I ran a ton at the beginning of the month and finally ran the full 6.2 miles for the 10k I'm training for in April. I simultaneously strained my hamstring, although thankfully it's better now. In the future, I'll play by the rules and cross train and not go all out for every run and run all the time.
- I went to the IF: Gathering at the last minute. Jesus completely blew my mind at this conference. I wrote about it in more detail here. Bottom line is, I felt confirmation from God through this conference that I'm called to pursue writing as part of my ministry.
- Although I felt God calling me to write, it left me with a lot of questions. What do you want me to say? Who do you want me to say it to? How much do I write while being in the thick of raising little kids? Do I put it on the shelf for later? God answered all those questions rather quickly. I feel more clarity than ever before on who to write to and how much to write. All of that is going to change the way I pursue this blog in the coming months.
- I had a coaching session with someone I really admire, Jess Connolly. I laid out all my writing dreams, struggles and hopes on the table and asked her for some honest feedback. She was incredibly encouraging and I left our conversation feeling like I had a very clear path for how to proceed with writing.
- One of my closest friends, Jess, came to visit me for 6 days! It was so much fun to see her again after almost 2 years of not seeing each other. Our friendship has actually grown since I moved away from Boston, which is amazing because you don't often hear about friendships growing after a move. :) We had a great time and it was definitely the cherry on top to an already awesome month.
Anyway, the whole month wasn't amazing. I got sick once, I think everyone in my home was sick at one point or another. Perhaps in the future I'll write about the things that didn't go well in the month, because every month is definitely not a bed of roses. :) I put a lot my Powersheets (the goal setting method I use) this month because I really wanted to push myself and have these reminders in front of me everyday. I realized last month that I did well accomplishing my daily goals, my weekly goals were kinda so-so, and I did pretty poorly with my monthly goals. But nonetheless, there was progress. So I consider that a win.
- Plan one date night with Brian as celebration of intimacy
- Take Salem on a one-on-one date (Judah and I get one-on-one time when Salem is at school)
- Fill out paperwork and complete background check for serving in kids ministry at church (this has been on the list for months, but I really want to do it this month)
- Host at least 3 playdates
- Have someone over for dinner
- Share my faith with at least 1 neighbor using my words
- Finish Restless and get 1/2 way through another book
- Have one prayer/dream big session for the blog/direction of my writing, and write my backwards blog plan, per suggestion of Jess Connolly.
- Tweak blog design
- Simplify wardrobe and buy necessary staples for hot weather wardrobe
- Go phone free M, W, F 8am-5pm. I know I need boundaries with the phone but I'm still trying to tweak when that will be. I did pretty horribly with the boundaries I set for myself last month so I'm trying to figure out what works for me.
- Plan something for the kids in my community group to do while the adults discuss.
- Work out 4x/week (two times being running) and eat 4 massive salads/week.
- Institute date nights in with Brian to cultivate intimacy (with out monthly, out of the house dates to celebrate intimacy)
- Write 2x/week
- Read the Bible + seek His face
- Pray for Brian and our sons
- Encourage + Speak life to Brian and one other person
- Check in and offer prayer to someone from my community group at church.
That's it for this month! What are y'all up to this month? Yes, I just said y'all. Living in Texas for 8 months now has gotten to me.